Pivotdata is a command line utility that aggregates data from CSV files and SQL databases, builds in-memory data cube (multidimensional dataset) and produces pretty pivot table reports (HTML/Excel/CSV/PDF) without OLAP server and Excel.
Pivotdata utility can:
- aggregate large datasets that Excel cannot handle (csv files >1gb are processed in several minutes)
- load data directly from MS SQL (or any other DB that has ODBC driver)
- load pre-aggregated data (for example result of SQL GROUP BY query)
- save aggregated values for fast multiple reports generation
- perform data cube slicing and filtering
- generate 2-dimensional pivot table reports (HTML, CSV, Excel; PDF may be produced by HTML output).
Pivotdata automates pivot reports generation and may be used on server side for aggregating large datasets (>1 gb CSV, many mln of DB records) without using complex commercial software. It also may be used by corporate power-users for post-processing data exports produced by business applications.